Sweet Summertime Watermelon Lemon Lime Spritzer!
Say that ten times fast! 🙂 My parents brought me a watermelon the other day and well, I’ve been trying to figure out how I’m going to eat it all. PoshBrunette helped me eat quite a bit, but I have a refrigerator full of it! My husband somehow forgets it’s there, so it’s up to me to devour it. I had some lemons, limes and club soda already and I love watermelon so, I decided I would try creating a nice little spritzer with it all and was amazed at how delicious it turned out! Here’s what I did…
1. Toss some watermelon in a blender. I use a ninja. I cut it into cubes and dropped it in at about 6 cups. Blend away! It ended up being around 3 cups, so basically whatever you chop and throw in there will be about half that amount liquified.
2. Squeeze 1/2-1 whole Lime and 1 whole Lemon into the melon mixture. I love the pulp so I just took the seeds out of the lemon and cut out a lot of the pulp and dropped it in. (I don’t like Lime quite as much as lemon).
3. Add 2 cups of ice cubes and blend away!
4. Stir in 2 cups of club soda.
5. Garnish with a lime. You may even wanna give it a quick squeeze and voila! You have a Sweet Summertime Watermelon Lemon Lime Spritzer! Delicioso! I just love it! Its such a healthy drink and great for detoxing!
This yielded 6 cups.
P.S. I love lemon a lot! So I put a whole lemon in. It still wasn’t very strong or sour, but if you like a stronger taste I would add more lemon and lime or even some grapefruit. I may try that next time. The watermelon has a great, natural sweetness and texture that I love. You may even want to try a little sugar or salt rim. Maybe twist it into a margarita! 😉 Try your own modifications and let me know how it turns out!